Commenting on blog posts

Remember, we will only approve good quality comments to the blog. Follow these steps when posting a comment.

• One: Say something positive “I really like how you have tried to use some powerful verbs in your writing. It helps bring it to life.”
  • Two: Ask a question By asking a question, you are encouraging a reply and you are engaging the author. “Your writing makes me think that you may have read some Michael Morpurgo books. Which story inspired you to write this?
  • Three: Suggest an improvement “To make this even better, you could change the way you opened the final sentence. Can you think of an adverb that would work? Leave a comment with some ideas.”

Eric 283/365 Eric Tastad via Compfight

Take a look at these comments. Which one do you think is an example of a good quality comment? Can you explain why? Can you explain why the other comments aren’t good enough and suggest what could be done differently?

image

Made with Padlet

9 thoughts on “Commenting on blog posts

1. pupil56pupil56

I think comment 5 is the best. My reasons are because: they say something good, something they could improve on and they have asked the person a question.

2. BenjmainW

I think comment number 3 because it has said that this is really good and they have said what they could do to make it better.

3. pupil56pupil56

i think comment 5 is the best. My reasons are: they say something good, something they could improve on and they have asked the person a question.
    Caitlin

4. Neve

I think comment 5 is the best because it tells you what is good about it and what they could improve. Also they asked a question.

5. benjamin

I think comment five is the best because they have because they ask if they can use an instrument and they give good feedback

6. Izaac

I think comment number three and four are the best because they ask a question suggest an improvement and gave positive feedback.

7. BenjmainW

I think comment number 5 because they have asked questions and said nice comments they have said that they would like to do themselves.